Tuesday, October 9, 2012

She is 4 months....

Baby girl has her four month appointment today! I can hardly believe it. She has been a miracle since the day we found out we were pregnant. She brings so much joy into our house, families, friends and even our neighborhood. Her smiles are precious gifts. Her giggles make my heart want to burst. She is a treasure to be shared. Each day is cherished because it could be the last . I relish each moment because I'll never get them back. The phone, laundry, dishes, to-do lists can wait. When the moment is special it is uninterpretable because I make it. Nothing is more important than time. Time spent with the one I love.

 
I don't want thoughts of regret when I look back at her childhood thinking I should have played with her more, giggled more, spent more time, loosened up more, created more, imagined more, stepped into her shoes and wondered, awed and discovered more.


Responsibilities are important, we're weighted down by the luggage of life. But, sometime we pick up bags that aren't as important as the ones we leave behind. We need money so we pick up an extra job or work a lot of overtime, but is it worth what precious time we have. It'll be harder without the extra cash, but is it worth it? We clean frantically, switching out laundry, wiping down the (what we thought was a good idea) dark wood floors. She's happy and laughing and we say we'll play with her after. Why not take advantage of the opportunity now?


Balance is a constant struggle. I've learned to let go in so many ways and have so much more to loosen my controlling, death grip of a hold from. Life is learning.

The photos were taken by some dear friends at Gleason Photoworks in Red Bluff!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the insightful post! Such true words. I love your honesty in that we never know how much time we will have....I never want to admit that to myself, but it is so true.

    ReplyDelete