Wednesday, October 3, 2012

COFFEE TABLE REVAMP (DIY)

This is my latest trash to treasure :) My sister Kayla found this table next to the dumpster at her apartment. She saw potential when no one else could. We dragged it to my place sanded her up, painted her, sanded again and put back on her old hardware and BAM face lift!

These are the before and after pics...


It was pretty simple. We took off all the hardware (including the doors). Some we had to hammer straight because they got a little bent in the removal process. We sanded the entire thing in order to roughen up the surface so the paint would stick.

I cut out some of the paintable wallpaper from my last project and applied it to the doors. If you would like to know how to do this please see DRESSER TURNED BUFFET.

 
I added one coat and let it dry 2 days. Added a second coat and let it dry 1 day and then sanded some of the corners until the original wood could be seen in order to give it a vintage look. I then reapplied the hardware.


No comments:

Post a Comment