Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Making an Man-Bouquet

Jon has always been so good about getting me flowers for special occasions like birthdays, holidays, anniversaries and some fights. This time I wanted to be the one to give a thoughtful arrangement. So, I set my brain to work, did some research, studied my subject and came up with this...
 
Man-Bouquet 101
materials:
assortment of shots
wide mouth vase
green floral foam
fake flowers
colored rocks or marbles
cellophane
skewers
ribbon
glue gun
glue sticks

I purchased my mini shots at BevMo. The cost was under $15. The foam, marbles, cellophane, ribbon, flowers, vase and skewers can all be purchased at the Dollar Store. Score!
 

 
I started by gluing the skewers to the back of the shots using the blunt side, making sure the label was on the opposite side of the skewer so it would showcase the liquor.  I then cut my cellophane into squares (10x10inches is a good size). Then, take the pointed side of the skewer and poke through the middle of the cellophane, slide it up towards the bottle, pull taunt at the top and tie tight with a ribbon.
 

 
 
Grab the vase and put in your foam. Add some flowers and then begin to add your liquors. If you want to add different heights cut the bottom of the skewer. I used my husbands tools for this :) Once you have the flowers and liquor in place add the rocks to the vase. This will hold down the foam and give the bottom some weight since this is a top heavy arrangement.
 


 

Add a cute card (Dollar Store) and set it on the table for hubby when he comes home :) You can also add cigars, tobacco etc. This can also make a great 21st birthday gift!



No comments:

Post a Comment