Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Decor for Dollars

I love Christmas! I love the colors, the cookies, the parties, the people, the crafts, the cards and the reason for the season. I LOVE IT ALL! Well, almost all of it. Maybe the one thing that can be hard to swallow is the effect it has on my budget. Christmas can be expensive. But, after rekindling an old fling that had been long forgotten I am boldly stepping forth and confessing my new passion for an old love, yes, the Dollar Store.

Decorate your house for less than 25 dollars! Are you kidding? It can be done! Have faith friends! Here's how...

Festive front door wreath: This project was cake. I bought two fake floral arrangements. I formed one stem into a loop in order to hang it from the door. The other one I hung a little lower than the first and bent it's stem around the bottom of the first ones loop. I then attached red glitter bulbs to the arrangement by tying them to the arrangement stem using the string that came with the bulbs (see pictures below). Lastly, I attached a nice bow to the top of the arrangement (compliment of Micheal's ribbon sale)  and you're done!
TOTAL COST: $3.00




House wreaths: I bought green garland and created a wreath by looping it twice to give it more thickness and then added a Dollar Store bow. Attach to your house using scrap booking foam tape  (also purchased at the Dollar Store ).


 
Eave decor: I love lights, but I have a hard time buying things when I know they are going to be discounted disturbingly low in the matter of weeks, so, I'm waiting. But, I found a beautiful way to decorate the house so that it shines bright even in daylight. With a few sparkly ornaments and some green garland I made the place sparkle!
 
 


 
All this with just some of this...
 
 
and of course a special thanks to my little helper...
 
 
Miss Juliet Love!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment