Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Betty Crocker Lemon Bars

I had to call my mom for backup on this one. When I originally wrote the recipe I did it shorthand so I wouldn't have to write so much. The only problem is now I don't understand half of it, but after a simple phone call we are back in business.

Betty Crocker Lemon Bars (twist)
 
1 egg
1/3 cup butter
1 package of lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 tsp of grated lemon peel
1/2 cup of lemon juice
* and of course a little bit of love :)
 
 
Heat oven to 350f. Mix together 1 egg, butter and lemon cake mix until crumbly. Pour half into an ungreased 9x13 pan. Lightly pat down and put into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Reserve the other half for later :)

 
Beat together 2 eggs, sugar, baking powder, salt, lemon peel and juice until fluffy. Once the first mixture is done cooking remove from the oven and pour the wet batter into the pan. Then, top with the crumble mixture we reserved in the beginning. Now place back into the oven and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.

 
Once done sift with powdered sugar and cut into cubes. These will be very soft and chewy. These are from the kitchen of my mom, Lacy McBride who got the recipe from her mom, Elain Gibbins.

No comments:

Post a Comment