Friday, August 31, 2012

I Love You Daddy!

When Juliet was born Father's Day was right around the corner. I wanted to make something special for Jon. Something that he could keep through the years, but also something that demonstrated the gravity and responsibility of being a Father. Roaming through a newspaper one day I found this poem.

DADDY WILL YOU
by:Betty Boyd

Well here I am, your little girl, ll cute and cuddly and full of life. I don't know how
 I'm supposed to act, and what I am to believe. God gave us each other, so there must be
 things He wants us to learn together.

As I grow into a lady, I want you to be proud of me even though you won't be pleased
 with some of the things I'll do.

So Daddy , will you...

~ Hold me when I'm afraid and need to feel your security, and also for no reason other
 than you just want to?

~ Listen to me when I'm just being silly, needing to talk things out, and then guide
me with truths?

~ Encourage me with hope when I get depressed and down
on myself and life?

~ Teach me what is right and what is wrong, and when needed, the whys that
will make it easier to make my decisions with wisdom?

~ Tell me how me think so I can better understand their viewpoints, so I can
easier set boundaries where needed, to make relationships respectable and richer?

~ Help me discover my gifts, talents and treasure in me, and encourage me to
dream about walking in them  with God with confidence and humility?

~ Bless me with approval, and acceptance of me, and the much needed life
giving fruit of the Spirit, as well as blessing me with your correction?

~ So as you hold me ~ comfort me ~ listen to me ~ encourage me ~ teach me ~
tell me ~ help me ~ and bless me, you will be showing me who God is, and then
 I will be able to trust and love Him, and will want to follow Him and a life in
 obedience and surrender.
 
And finally daddy, when I grow up and am ready to marry, I will already know who
 I am looking for, because I saw him first in you. 
 
 
 
I took a picture frame that I had purchase at a garage sale which had two mat board. On one I wrote this poem ( and also attached the newspaper cutout on the back for easier reading). On the other board I painted Miss Juliet's foot and pressed it to the board. He loved it!
 
 
LOVE THIS GIRL!!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment