Friday, August 24, 2012

4 MUSTS TO BE A "COOL" MOM

I recently attended a play group with a group of women in my hometown. I abruptly realized I am NOT (I repeat) a cool mom. To be a cool mom you must do the following.

Cloth Diapers…and you can’t just do any ol’shanky diaper. It must be the best of the best. This weeks topic was Ragababes. From what I hear it is cult following. Mothers flood the Facebook site just to get their fingers on a used one at almost the same cost as the new. I change 10-12 diapers a day.  I’ll pass….for now.

The "IT" Bag: As I scan the room I see the Louis Vuitton of baby bags. There is Petunia Pickle Bottom, Ju-Ju-Be, OiOi...the list goes on. Then I scan over to my patchwork one. Buh-dum. It’s like that moment in grade school when you go to your first school dance and all your friend curl their hair and wear dresses and here you come in Reebok tennis shoes, tube socks and your favorite tweety bird shirt. That would be me only I’m 26 and still can’t escape it.

The Ride: This one came as a total surprise. I thought I had the best…well, at least the best from target (tar-shea) . Again, epic fail. You can’t just have a stroller. You need one that you can run with, has shock absorbers, a fancy brake system. Mmmm....Mine has wheels J

Formula: What are you thinking? Bad mom!! In this part of the world it a big no no! I personally breastfeed, but in cases like the wedding I attended last week I supplemented with formula. In this posse it's almost as bad as those parents who put soda in their kids sippy cups.

If motherhood wasn't so new and overwhelming in the first place add a few other moms and all their methods on child rearing and your bound to have your head reeling.

We'll see what I'm up against next week :) Cheerio!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment