Wednesday, September 12, 2012

So, I've started a project..

I've been working on this project for....mmm...three weeks! It's friggin' ridiculous, but when you have a three month old there needs to be some grace in the equation. My goal is to finish it by this weekend. Somewhat for selfish reasons. I'm having a PJ PARTY with my girlfriends and babies on Saturday while my hubby is bear hunting. I would like to have it finished and showcased in the dining room.

The project is simple enough...if I didn't have an infant. My grandmother found this in a magazine and shared it with me and now I am going to share it with you :)



Find a dresser...preferably and cheap (I'm speaking price not quality) dresser from a garage sale or layng around the house (that's what I did). Disregard the B.C. T.V.

Sand all the surfaces. This is really fun when you don't have an electric one and when there are grooves everywhere...grrrr.


Buy these products. I went to Lowe's to purchase these items because my local Home Depot said they no longer carry paintable wall paper. So, heads up.



Cut (I used a box cutter, ruler and pencil) you wallpaper to the dimensions of where you would like it on your dresser. Then use the glue (you can buy the kind I did or get the kind that sprays) and put it on the surface of the dresser and the back of the wallpaper. Wait 5 seconds before adhering together. Let dry.


Then paint. Return to see my finished product at the end of the week. I'm sure I'm just as stocked as you are to see the results!!!!

3 comments:

  1. And add the hardware off course. If you have a handy husband it's always nice if they'll give you a little hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you tell me what color your buffet is? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this on a piece of furniture. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete