Friday, September 21, 2012

MORNING SCONES

I met Jen in college. She was crazy. Not the crazy crazy, but the good kind of crazy. She smiled a lot, had a great sense of humor and always knew how to have fun even during medial tasks. She's a rare breed of female.

We didn't hit it off initially. I thought she was introverted and had mostly male friends. And she thought I was, to put it frankly "a bitch". I can't even remember the first place we met each other, but wherever, or whenever it was we hit it off.

We've been friends for 8 years now. We're both married married to Jon's and we both have baby girls.
 

For my wedding Jen made me a recipe book out of a leather bound photo book. She wove pictures of us throughout the years in it. Some from college, special trips and even one from her wedding. I cherish this gift. This is one of my favorite recipes from her collection, now gifted to me.
 
MORNING SCONES:
 
3 cups flour
1/2 sugar
5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cups butter
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
 
 
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry tool. Beat egg in a measuring cup and fill to 1 cup with milk, mix together.
 
 
Stir wet ingredients into dry. turn dough on lightly floured surface. Cut into two sections. Make each sections into 1/2 inch thick rounds. cut into wedges.
 
 
Try adding this combinations to the mixture:
orange zest & cranberries
lemon & blueberries
chocolate chips
Raspberries & white chocolate*
 

 
Cook at 400F for 12- 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
*My favorite :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh love! I'm glad you actually use those recioes ;) and this is one of my go to ones. I love it! And I love you! Has it really been 8 years?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!!! Isn't that crazy! I love those recipes. They are some of Jon's favorites :) I'm making the scones now for my Bible Study...the first batch I use baking soda...hahaha!

      Delete